Qoute of the Day

more Quotes

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Navajo Squash

I am growing three kinds of winter squash in our garden. The one in the foreground is a Navajo Hubbard. The Seeds came from Native Seed Search, a local company that specializes in preserving seeds of the Southwest, especially those traditionally used by Native Americans here. I grew some Hopi squash from them years ago, and you could almost watch them grow. They spread out 40' in every direction. They like to climb, so I have added some improvised tellises here. These will give us squash the size of pumpkins, and are fun to grow. A single photo failed to show how these are spreading out, so I used Photoshop's Photomerge function to stitch together 4 photos and created this panoramic view. The program works like magic. I will be using it for landscape photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment